nnovate 50/50 is a gender equality program composed of mentorship and advocacy. We are mentoring young women (18+) in Leadership, Government/Public Administration, Entrepreneurship/Business, and Financial Literacy. Through mentorship, we are working with thought leaders within each field to benefit young women by empowering them to fulfill the vision for their futures.
Mentorship benefits both the Mentor and the Mentee as it facilitates strong bonds, guidance, such as through problem-solving or situational, encouraging her, sharing new ideas and strategies, and professional success.
Joining Innovate 50/50 is a valuable experience that will enhance women’s success and help promote gender equality.
IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT
WORK! OUR COMMUNITY IS
ABOUT HAVING FUN & ENJOYING LIFE!
eveloping strong and empowered women is the goal of the community. The Innovate 50/50 community is about creating experiences that we hope are extremely rewarding and enlightening. Connecting with people all over the world who are advocates of equality and support of women growth, development, and well-being, will allow you to develop your voice and be heard. We will engage in Twitter chats and webinars, Mentee take over days, and of course gain valuable insights and knowledge from our great mentors.
Through Innovate 50/50, Mentors can deliver a legacy of their knowledge and skills to their mentee. Mentors can also provide tips on career growth and introduce their mentee to valuable strategies to build success. In addition, mentors, also:
- Build a strong bond & relationship with their mentee
- Become their partner in success
- Are valued individuals who keep information private & confidential
- Recognition as a subject matter expert & thought leader
- Introduction to new perspectives, ideas & approaches
- Extension of their professional development record
- Chance to reflect on their own objectives & practices
- Development of their personal leadership & coaching styles
To be a good mentor for Innovate 50/50 you must be committed, have active listening skills, be emphatic, maintain professional knowledge and skills in at least one of the four specific fields, be flexible, and be open to learning new things and meeting new people.
Mentees benefit because she will have someone with greater knowledge and experience to turn to. She can be guided through solving a problem or to the next step in starting a business. Mentees can learn valuable networking strategies, how build their brand, marketing strategies, or better leadership skills. In addition, mentees, also gain:
- Exposure to new ideas & ways of thinking
- Advice on developing strengths & overcoming weaknesses
- Guidance regarding professional development & advancement
- The opportunity to deliver new skills & technology
- Increased visibility & recognition
To be a good mentee, one must be:
- Have Good Listening Skills
- Open to Learning New Things & Meeting New People
INNOVATE 50/50 APPLICATION FORM
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM ACCORDINGLY. EVERYTHING MARKED WITH AN “**” IS REQUIRED.